Monday, March 20, 2017

Gluten-Free Allergen Friendly Expo 2017

This is an exciting year 3 for me to attend the Gluten-Free Allergen Friendly Expo in Schaumburg, IL April 22 and 23.  I have been 95% gluten free for 3 years now.  I am not celiac, nonetheless, I do have an gluten intolerance as when I eat gluten it can knock a body part off-line.  
 
SELECT THIS LINK FOR
30% OFF until Midnight 3/21/2017


The more seasoned I become, the more I need my body parts and brain cells to function at optimum capacity.  Gratefully, I found that consuming gluten was one of the reasons I had a pain in my left foot that would not go away, a contributor to brain fog and, of course, intestinal issues.  I won't digress to details of that story.

Moreover, this expo is such a great source to find new gluten, soy, and dairy free foods as well as the rest of the top allergen foods.

One of the most exciting perks to the event, is the "Blogger" sponsors this year, BFree Foods.  Yeah!  Their bread is delicious and is the only bread I have found that I can eat without repercussions, not hard as a baseball and suitable for vegans.  I admit the bread is somewhat pricey for a half loaf, but my stomach is ever so grateful. I love BFree Foods. The complete list of sponsors for the event are HERE.



If you haven't attended a Gluten Free Allergen Friendly Expos in your area, I encourage you to do so.  Not just for the free samples and new products, the educational content at the classes are very informative. Check out the link here for the class list and times.

Furthermore, I first learned about the app "Find Me Gluten Free" from my first expo.  This app has aided my finding restaurants in my area that have a gluten free menu and other allergen friendly foods.  Keep on the look out for my blog post about "Biaggi's Italian Restuarant".  I found that restaurant through the app. 

I look forward to seeing Kiki's Gluten Free Pizza there.  Dairy is on my allergen list.  However, this pizza is so good. 

See the photo below and meet the folks from @Sprigati.  
 Below are additional photos for a taste of spoils I received from the 2016 event and many of the vendors I met there. 


 
Milton's Chips.... I love these.


From the page of the #GFAF Expo ....

What do you get with your Expo Ticket?

  • Entry into the vendor fair with over 100 brands
  • Valuable coupons at the vendor booths
  • Samples from the vendors are considered to be gluten free.
  • Discounted products available for purchase
  • Informative classes related to the gluten free and allergen-friendly lifestyle
  • Free reusable bag to carry your goodies
  • Meet your favorite vendors, authors and bloggers
Why buy your ticket online?

  • Guarantee that you don’t miss out on the Expo – limited tickets available each day
  • No need to wait in line at the Expo to buy your ticket

No comments:

Post a Comment