Friday, March 28, 2014

The Relentless Winter and What to Do

It is the end of March and it snowed overnight last week.  I have given in to television and devices for most of this winter.  After all, I was in my own mourning of the glimmering California sunshine and hot temperatures they have experienced this winter.  I knew, though, that we had to find other inside activities to do to as this relentless winter doesn't seem to end.

As I was checking out Pinterest as I regularly do, I found a tie dye activity I thought my daughter would get excited about. I was excited too, because there would be less mess to clean up than the usual way of tie dying (it's fun too).   

By the way, did I mention I love Pinterest.  There are so many exciting delectable food temptations, fashion and craft ideas to explore. There are things I would not have discovered if it wasn't for this avenue of the Internet.  Here's my Pinterest page, come check it out.  

For this tie dye project, all you need is a t-shirt, Sharpies (permanent-not fabric Sharpies), rubber bands, rubbing alcohol and a couple of cups.  for this Fire Works shirt.  She tied the shirt around rubber bands on to a plastic water bottle (we cut in half).  In this way she was able to contain her design to the diameter of the cup.  Here's a Sharpie Tie-dye link on Pinterest. 

I love that my daughter is very creative.  I think she did a great job!

This project may not fall under the category of scent free because of the rubbing alcohol and if you have a sensitive sniffer like mine you will probably smell the odor of the Sharpies.  So it will be best to work in an area that is well ventilated or open windows if you are not still in temperatures under 40 degrees like we are. Have fun and do your best to be savvy and scent free. 



No comments:

Post a Comment